Pumpkin Patch in the City
Welcome to our Annual Pumpkin Patch in the City – a cherished tradition born out of a simple idea and a whole lot of heart!
21 years ago, we set out on a mission to create a magical pumpkin patch experience right in our own backyard, and thus, Pumpkin Patch in the City was born.
It all started after a frustrating out-of-town trip with our kids, where long travels and teary eyes made us yearn for something closer to home. So, we embarked on a journey of creativity and community spirit to bring the joys of a pumpkin patch right to our neighborhood.
We’ve experimented with different activities and ideas over the years, refining and perfecting our vision, and today, we are proud to present the ultimate Pumpkin Patch experience!
Fun Fact: Behind the scenes and among ourselves, we affectionately call this event “OPP”, short for Operation Pumpkin Patch
Join us on Saturday, October 14th, as we celebrate 21 years of creating treasured memories, building community bonds, and bringing smiles to the faces of families throughout the city.
Scroll down to learn more ⇓
🎃 Get ready for the most SPOOKtacular event of the year! It’s our 21st Annual Pumpkin Patch in the City! 🎉
Saturday, October 14, 2023
10AM – 3PM
Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House, 2131 Renfrew St. Vancouver
What’s in store for you:
- FREE Admission to Storytelling, Face Painting, Arts & Crafts, Community Info, Entertainment, and Music!
- Small price for the Bouncy Castle, Carnival Games, Musical Treats, Pumpkins, Popcorn, and Juice. (Cash or card accepted.)
- Last year, we had 2500 neighbors join in the fun, and this year promises to be even more incredible!
But that’s not all! 🍭 We need your help with our “Musical Treat” game. Please consider donating small treats (no nuts, please) to make this event extra special for the kids. Treats can be dropped off on either Friday, October 13th, or Saturday morning, October 14th.
Treat donation contact: email@example.com
(Click on the image and swipe to learn more)
We have a fantastic lineup of activities, entertainment, and fun waiting for you !
- Azul Salvaje – Violinist
- Michael Undem – Oatmeal the Clown
- Alonzo – The Hand That Heals
- Vincent Ma – The Magician
- Monica Lee – Down on the Drive
- Tim Sars & Carnival Band
- Accordion all day with Mr. Noel Poole
- Storytime throughout the day in English, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish!
What to bring with you:
- Your family and friends:) Come in costumes if you can(no scary makeups please)!
- A reusable bag for picking up a pumpkin or two (only $5 each!)
- Cash for Raffle Basket tickets
- Credit/Debit Cards or cash for activity tickets
(Click on the image and swipe left to learn more)
Memorable moments from the 2022 Pumpkin Patch in the City
(Photo credit: Our beloved ex-Executive Director Gary Dobbin)