settlement services / 移民安顿服务 / خدمات الإسکان و الاستقرار / servicios de asentamientoWe understand that settling in a new place and making it home for you and your family is a challenging and long process. No matter where you are from or how long it has been since you arrived in Canada, we welcome all newcomers to access support services and community involvement opportunities here at Frog Hollow. Our programs are designed to help you successfully navigate the stages towards citizenship and further on, for your longterm wellbeing and participation in society.
BC Settlement and Integration Services
Who| Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW), Naturalized Canadian Citizens who are seeking employment, Provincial Nominees (awaiting PR), Post-Secondary International Students, Refugee Claimant
Date| Monday to Friday
Time| By appointment
Location| Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
2131 Renfrew Street (at 5th avenue)
The BCSIS program is to support the social and economic integration of newcomers to the province. The program supports newcomers who are not eligible for federal settlement services, specifically, Temporary Residents working in B.C., Provincial Nominees who are awaiting for permanent residency, Post-secondary International Students, Refugee Claimants and Naturalized Citizens.
- Information, orientation, and referral that supports the settlement, employment and integration needs of clients
- Assistance to navigate immigration and work permit applications
- Community connection: referrals to resources, programs, and events
- Employment counselling: connection to job opportunities such as job fairs, supported access to WorkBC and other employment training and bridging programs
- Referrals to educational institutions and labour market workshops and other training opportunities
- Different workshops and information sessions are delivered to the clients, such as, Pathway to leadership for women and Financial literacy
- Informal English conversation practice
We acknowledge that this service is supported by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs of the Government of British Columbia.